Monday, March 7, 2011

Cayman

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I'm sick of winter. And right after my last post about the new Paradise Lost colorway, the whole family got sick. It was a stomach virus followed by the flu followed by a cold. I was the lucky soul that got them all. So, yeah, I'm sick of winter.

I guess that is one reason why I've been so attracted to vibrant, tropical colors lately. It's an escape from the white snow and the dreary gray that is this season.

These specific colors were also inspired by the fact that next month my husband and I will be celebrating our 13th year of marriage. I know that many people think 13 is unlucky, but I feel anything but. In fact, I feel very lucky. Not just for having the love of a great man, but for being content in my life as a whole. I truly feel very happy to simply be who I am and where I am right now in my life.

My husband and I were married in Cayman. So, in this 13th year, when I feel so lucky, I thought it would be nice to capture the colors of that beautiful place that are still, after all this time, so vivid in my mind.

No comments: