Monday, February 21, 2011

Paradise Lost

I love living in New York. I'm from the south originally, and most recently, Richmond, VA, the capital of the Confederacy and all things Southern. Having lived in Texas, Virginia, North Carolina and states of similar latitude, I was not at all prepared for winter in the north.

The first few years were not that bad though, the snow was a novelty and since it doesn't normally get very icy here, like it can in the south, I was quite pleased with my ability to adapt and embrace the cold.

That was until this year. This is just one shot of many in this theme. That's a table and chair on our deck. I just this week saw that table for the first time in over two months.


I know it seems like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not when I say that there were snow drifts taller than me on our front walk this year and ice dams over a foot deep on our roof.

Needless to say, I'm no longer a fan of winter. I yearn for warm weather. The ability to see the ground, heck anything green would be great. I yearn for warm weather, warm enough to wear a tank top, shorts and no shoes all day. Warm enough to open the windows to hear the birds chirping, and feel the breeze wafting through the house. Warm enough.

So, the next two colorways of the week speak to my current obsession with the end of the never ending winter of 2011. This week is Paradise Lost, a bold colorway with shades of the clearest blue oceans, the golds and pinks of tropical birds and flowers, and shades of the palm fronds I wish I was laying underneath.

No comments: